Friday 31 May 2013

OUGD502 Final Evaluation.

What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

I think I have definitely improved my professional knowledge and understanding throughout this module. This has definitely been assisted by the selection of lectures addressing this subject, informing me on things like swot analysis and the 4 p's, concepts that were totally alien to me before this year. After learning this information I found it helpful that we then had to put this knowledge into practice and create our own design studio during 'life's a pitch'. Putting the information into context like this was really beneficial as it made it a lot easier to understand. Another skill I have developed is branding, that I have applied to our company juice and myself. This is something I found really enjoyable and I was quite surprised about this as it has never really appealed to me a great deal before. I found that it was a lot more creative and a lot less corporate than I was expecting.


What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

I think the talks that have taken place from different speakers has been really beneficial for my design development. It was interesting listening to them all as they all had something very different to say and had had a lot of varied experience. I felt it was helpful listening to these people as it gave a great insight into the industry and topics were brought up that I hadn't really considered before. 


What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

I think a strength I have had through this module has to be my documentation of the lectures and similar seminars. I have found these really useful to refer back to and they have informed a lot of the more recent things that I have done. Because of the complexity of what was said and my unfamiliarity with it I would have never remembered what was said, but due to the documentation this wasn't a problem. I also feel that my branding work has been a success and this comes as quite a surprise to me as it something I haven't really dealt with before. I am really happy with what I have created relating to this as I think they communicate the brand very well and have a professional look.


What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

I think a weakness has definitely been time management in relation to this module. It has definitely been something that has been but on the back burner due to it having the latest deadline. Because of this I had been focussing mainly on other projects because they were in the forefront. In hindsight I definitely should have dedicated more time to this and set myself more goals in relation to it. I think this would have improved the standard of work and would have also increased my knowledge as I would have been dealing with it more.


Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to change from doing these?


  1. I would definitely organise my time better this would allow me to make more out of the year and module.
  2. I would look into a lot more studios, this would improve my knowledge and spur on networking opportunities.
  3. I would email studios further in advance as by now I could have already organised a placement.
  4. I would expand further on the tasks as this would expand my knowledge.
  5. I would produce my branding to a higher quality to get a better finish.

How would you grade yourself in the following areas (5 - excellent to 1 - poor):

  • Attendance: 5
  • Punctuality: 5
  • Motivation: 3
  • Commitment: 4
  • Quantity of work: 3
  • Quality of work: 4
  • Commitment to the group: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment