Tuesday, 28 May 2013

A Design Presence Foiling Experiments.

As I decided I wanted my business card to be foiled I tried some experiments to see how it would look in real life. Unfortunately this didn't go quite to plan as the laser printer technique didn't produce the desired results. Because the coloured paper was slightly textured the foil didn't take to it as well as I hoped it would and the end result was definitely not what I was after. The sample on the white card was a lot more successful because of the smoother surface, but it wasn't the background colour I initially had in mind.

I then tried another method using my foiling glue, this was very time consuming and I had to be very precise with the application. After applying the foil the quality was a lot better but still didn't have the perfect look I had envisioned, even though it did get the idea across.

No comments:

Post a Comment