Thursday 20 February 2014

Interim Evaluation - Changing of Briefs.

At the start of the year I wrote out eight briefs that I wanted to undertake. However this has now changed slightly due to a change of interests and a better understanding of my personal practice. The briefs I have decided to no longer complete are:
  • Graze
  • Motel Magazine
  • Stationary Brand

I am no longer interested in graze as during the projects I have been working on recently it has come to my attention that I am very interested into high quality, luxury or bespoke brands. I feel that because of this Graze would no longer be relevant within my portfolio. 

Motel is on this list as I have the opportunity to work on something similar that is a real live brief. Photographer Lauren Danks approached me to see if I would be interested in designing her editorials for her final collection of images. To me this seems a lot more relevant as is something for a real client.

Finally is the stationary brand that was initially a collaboration with Emily James. We have decided that similar to graze that this is no longer as relevant to our practice. Instead we are taking part in a YCN competition brief 'Champneys' a spa brand looking to appeal to a new younger audience.

I feel that now I have changed my briefs up a little but I am now a lot more enthusiastic as I feel they are a lot more relevant to how I want to progress.


No comments:

Post a Comment