Saturday 5 May 2012

Speaking From Experience Name Generation.

I have decided to start thinking of possible name ideas for my app, I think this will help me with making design decisions as it will be a lot easier to find links with possible imagery and the overall style.

Words associated with food:

  • Cooking
  • Meals
  • Nosh
  • Dinner
  • Lunch
  • Dining
  • Starvation
  • Cuisine
  • Eat
  • Grub
  • Menu
  • Snack
Words associated with difficulty:
  • Problem
  • Dilema
  • Solution
  • Confusion
  • Despair
  • Complication
  • Predicament
  • Trouble
  • Bother
  • Struggle
  • Puzzle
  • Nightmare
App name ideas:
  • Cooking Solutions
  • Cooking Confusion
  • Dining Dilemma
  • Dinner Dilemma
  • Dining Despair
  • Stopping Starvation
  • Starvation Solutions
  • Food Guru
  • Cooking Guru
  • Struggle Against Starvation
  • Nosh Nightmare
  • Cuisine Confusion
  • Cuisine Complication
  • Snack Struggle
I think I am going to go with either Cooking Guru or Food Guru. I have decided this because I think they sound positive as a lot of the other options focus more on the negative aspect of struggling to cook whereas the word 'guru' has connotation of being helpful and guidance through difficult tasks. It gives the impression of having someone to help you rather than facing the problems on your own. It is also short and to the point which I think will help the audience remember it. Finally I think there is a lot I can do design wise going along the guru theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment